- Named first team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA)
- 2010 Big East Defensive Player of the Year
- Unanimous First-Team All-Big East selection
- Finalist for the Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year award
- Elected a Pittsburgh Tri-captain
- Compiled 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, nine sacks, four forced fumbles and a fumble recovery
- Led the Big East in forced fumbles (tied, 0.33 forced fumbles/game), ranked second in tackles for loss (tied, 1.21 TFLs/game) and was third in sacks (0.75 sacks/game)
- Nationally, Sheard ranked seventh (tied) in forced fumbles and 20th (tied) in sacks, had career-high two sacks in four different games, including the Miami, Notre Dame, Rutgers and Louisville contests
- Starting Defensive End in all 13 games, and compiled 42 tackles, 10.5 TFLs, five sacks and a team-high 12 QB hurries
- Matched his career-high with six tackles vs. NC State and Navy
- Deflected a pass that was intercepted by Greg Williams and returned 51 yards for a TD vs. Syracuse
- Against Notre Dame, had a 14-yard sack, four quarterback hurries and a pass deflection
- Had four total tackles with two TFLs against the Irish and was named the Coaching Staff Defensive Player of the Game
- Had three tackles and 1.5 TFLs, including a six-yard sack, in the Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. North Carolina.
- Started all 13 games and compiled 45 tackles, 10.5 TFLs, 5.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery, seven PBUs and a team-high 11 QB hurries
- Had a career-high six tackles at Navy, including a sack and forced fumble that Pitt parlayed into a TD
- Had five tackles and a five-yard sack vs. Louisville
- Had five tackles with an eight-yard sack at Syracuse, and recovered a fumble (forced by teammate Greg Romeus) at the SU 34 in the fourth quarter that led to Pitt’s clinching TD in the 34-24 win, and was named coaching staff Defensive Player of the Game.
- Lettered as a true freshman, contributing as a reserve defensive end
- Played in nine games and had three tackles and two PBUs
- Had a season-high two stops against USF.
HIGH SCHOOL CAREER
- All-Broward County defensive lineman who had 54 tackles and 11 sacks as a senior at Hollywood Hills, a Florida 5A school
- Was timed at 4.6 in the 40 at the Nike Combine prior to his senior season
- PrepStar All-Southeast Region
- Rated the nation’s No. 23 weakside defensive end by Rivals.com
- Rated one of the top 60 prospects in the state of Florida by Rivals
- Rated one of the top 75 prospects in the southeast region by Scout.com
- Named Scout.com Southeast “Hot 100”
- Rated one of the top 100 prospects in Florida by SuperPrep
- Also lettered in track and field and earned All-Broward County in the shot put.